- 1 in 3 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.1
- Biologic treatments for cancer can be expensive for patients - in 2018, cancer patients in the US paid $5.6 billion out-of-pocket for cancer treatments. Paving the way for access to lower-cost, biosimilar alternatives to these brand-name biologic drugs can reduce costs to patients and the healthcare system.
- Viatris has one of the largest oncology portfolios in the country, with more than 50 medicines to support patients from diagnosis to treatment.
- As part of that portfolio, Viatris has two marketed biosimilars in oncology and a robust pipeline designed to increase access for cancer patients and lessen the burden of treating this disease.
- Respiratory illness affects millions of Americans.
- COPD is the 4th leading cause of death in the U.S.3
- Asthma disproportionately affects minority communities; African-American women are 20 percent more likely to have asthma than white Americans, and African-American children are 10 times more likely to die from asthma than white children.4
- More than 30,000 Americans have life-threatening cystic fibrosis.5
- Viatris offers 42 medicines for a wide range of respiratory illnesses.
- We have more than 40 medicines that cystic fibrosis patients rely upon.
- We recently launched a generic for a top asthma and COPD medicine at 70 percent below the brand price, after spending $800 million to bring it to market.
- Viatris is the world’s largest supplier of antiretrovirals (ARVs) by volume.
- 40% of people living with HIV on treatment and approximately 60% of HIV-positive children on treatment rely on Viatris products.
- We offer these products at approximately $0.22/day in developing countries.
- In the U.S., we recently launched lower-cost options for two common HIV treatments in an effort to increase access for patients.
- Nearly 1 million people are living with MS in the U.S.6
- MS is three times more common in women than in men.7
- The Viatris portfolio includes more than 100 products indicated for multiple sclerosis and its co-morbidities.
- Diabetes impacts more than 34 million Americans and consumes over $327 billion in healthcare costs.8 Over 7.5 million Americans rely on insulin to manage their diabetes, yet the rising costs of insulin have led many in the community to struggle or even ration their insulin.9
- According to the American Diabetes Association, a quarter of people with diabetes have turned to self-rationing supplies to cut the cost of their diabetes care.10
- Viatris has launched the first interchangeable biosimilar insulin in the US, priced at 1/3 the price of the reference product.